It is with mixed emotions that we write this latest blog post.
As many of you already know, our latest Street Dreams (Episode 2) crowd funding campaign on Pozible fell short of it’s $30,000 target despite the heroic efforts of many of our passionate supporters who still managed to get us up to $18,000. Unfortunately because of Pozible’s operating conditions, we could not claim any of that $18,000. However, many of these wonderful donors have maintained their commitment to Red Earth and placed their pledge directly into our bank account – sometimes they have increased their donation! At this moment in time these excellent contributions have amounted to just under $9,000 and growing, and for this we are truly thankful.
The reality of falling short means that the vision for Street Dreams 2 has to be amended according to our new financial realities. Should we retrieve and exceed our $18,000 in pledges, then we will seek to fulfill the following priorities:
- Work towards a making the Street Dreams 2 documentary
- Support charitable organisations and NGO’s who share our passion for the poor by making promotional videos for them. Some of these will be directly involved in fighting trafficking and slavery others will not.
- Take Street Dreams to the United States and widen our support base.
Should we receive less then the $18,000 pledged, then further amendments would need to be made. For us, it’s not a question of whether or not we make issue-related films, it’s a question of how much does our budget allow us to do. So if you want to join us with our ongoing Street Dreams campaign, then please contribute by placing a donation electronically to:
- Account Name: Red Earth Film Productions Pty Ltd
- Account Name: 174114
- BSB: 034002
- (or for tax-deductible donations, go through Documentary Australia’s website: documentaryaustralia.com.au/films/details/1110/street-dreams)
A big thank you to everyone out there supporting us with Street Dreams.
Jason and Mike
Red Earth Films